Supply Chain Team Lead
Directly responsible for supervising day-to-day activities of the Materials Resource Technicians to include process improvements, relationship building, establishing and monitoring performance expectations, and maintaining morale.
- Supervise the day-to-day supply chain functions in assigned area of program. responsibility that may include JIT/LUM inventory for Pyxis stations, PAR areas, and STAT room.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clinical staff and external customers to promote efficient patient care.
- Serve as expertise related to supply chain functions to promote single point of contact service for customers for supply chain needs.
- Review MRP orders to assure appropriate inventory levels are maintained and replenished.
- Review back orders (internal and external) and coordinate appropriate action and communication to the customer.
- Implement and coordinate a documented cycle counting
- Review storage locations to ensure the proper rotation of time sensitive items and proper location. Ensure that deliveries are made within designated time frames.
- Keep customers and staff informed of the status of product conversions.
- Ensure that items are verified against packing slips.
- Develop and review monthly performance indicators with customers.
- Direct assigned staff in the attainment of performance standards and evaluate performance; provide input regarding performance evaluations, hiring and related personnel actions.
- Meet regularly with department personnel, supply chain leadership and customers to resolve issues of concern.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to introduce change and implement new programs.Possess a sense of urgency and a proactive, customer based philosophy.
- Possess good interpersonal skills.Ability to be sensitive to the needs of customers through the practice of quality service principles.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess knowledge of automated materials management functions.
- Ability to manage and lead people.Possess expert knowledge of preparations and understanding of financial and statistical activity reports.
- Must have the ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- In this particular job the exertional requirements to push/pull the unloaded and loaded supply carts with the duty requiring up to 100 pounds of exertional force daily.
- Reaching, lifting, stooping and bending are frequent in daily duties.
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Family Level C2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
HS Diploma/G.E.D. required
Post secondary education in logistics, supply chain, business, accounting, finance, or other related field preferred, but not required.
At least 3 years of experience in distribution, warehousing, shipping, receiving, logistics, material handling, customer service, inventory control or other comparable service line required. Experience leading, supervising and/or mentoring staff highly preferred, but not required Post secondary education in logistics, supply chain, business, accounting, finance, or other related field could offset the experience requirement (one year of relevant education = one year of relevant experience)
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Valid Driver's License - may be required