Administrative Assistant Intermediate
- Under direct supervision, provides general administrative support to the EVS Department.
- Compiles basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, prepares charts, graphs, or tables as necessary (Service request logs, product usage, turn times, etc.)
- Receives and responds to routine correspondence and customer requests following established departmental procedures not requiring management review
- Maintain and track EVS supplies and assets
- Liaison with all department vendors
- Create departmental purchase orders for general supply orders
- Maintain equipment through general PM’s and tracking of repairs
- Sustain environmental operational processes and programs
- High school education or equivalent and two to four years of experience within Environmental Services in a Medical Care Facility or Customer Service related field.
- 1-2 Years of Supervisory experience or in a role with ability to delegation responsibilities
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment and decision making. Employ problem solving skills as needed.
- Ability to create general spreadsheets and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
This position is Days / 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM / Monday - Friday
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.