Senior Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OF
Starting Salary Range: $19.62 to $27.00 per hour
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F; 8:3-5:00
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10001517-Investment Management Off of
Personnel area: University Administration
Overview and Responsibilities:
The Johns Hopkins University, one of the world's premier teaching, research and patient care institutions, is seeking candidates for the position of Senior Administrative Coordinator within its Investment Office, reporting to the Executive Specialist. This position will provide expert administrative support to the Investment Office leadership team, including the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) as well as the overall Investment Office in an engaging, fast-paced environment.
As an administrative professional representing the University’s Investment Office, the Sr. Administrative Coordinator must be committed to responsiveness, customer service, excellence and teamwork. This person is the first point of contact for professional colleagues and visitors from around the globe, and must be capable interacting with a wide range of people and helpful addressing a wide range of needs.
The person will work closely with the CIO and the Managing Directors to create positive leverage for the Investment team to effectively execute their roles, and to support smooth and efficient functioning of the entire investment unit. The person must be proactive, energetic, demonstrate the ability to work independently, and be an effective communicator. The Sr. Administrative Coordinator will communicate and interact with the senior leadership of the university, including the president, vice presidents, deans, directors and their respective staff, as well as the senior leadership and staff members of numerous external investment organizations and service providers.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Managing the CIO and Managing Directors’ calendars, travel, project and task lists, while resolving issues and prioritizing those which require the CIO and the Managing Directors’ immediate attention.
- Day-to-day administrative operation of the general office location, including vendor and supply management and other office-related services.
- Manage conflict-free calendar of numerous high-level meetings and appointments and disseminate corresponding meeting materials.
- Coordinate collection and preparation of reports for quarterly Investment Committee, Sub-Committee and other Committee meetings.
- Gather and organize background information and data in preparation for projects and analysis, presentations, and occasional substantive meetings.
- Proofread, edit, and summarize confidential and sensitive information.
- Interpret and implement university rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate space utilization and maintenance.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum five years related experience required.
- Additional education may substitute for experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency Formula (JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience).
- Personal fit within a dynamic team is essential. For our team, we generally seek and evaluate on the following Values, Abilities and Skills:
- Team-oriented, accountable, supportive, conscientious
- Honest and direct, transparent, ethical, mission-driven
- Proactive and resourceful problem-solver
- Intellectually curious, relentless lifelong learner
- Self-aware, confident, non-defensive, willing to take risks
- Anticipates the needs of others and adapts to a range of work styles
- Eagerness to foster a collegial and enjoyable work environment through attitude and action
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in parallel while keeping a calm, positive attitude
- Persistent drive to complete projects and create leverage for senior leadership team
- Concise and impactful communication – verbal and written
- Expertise in organizing meetings, managing inbound calls, conference call setup, and coordinating phone calls with remote located team members
- Demonstrated ability with office desktop technology, including working with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word (word processing, letter composition, report formatting), Excel (basic data management), PowerPoint (report creation and formatting), Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience managing, coordinating and booking travel for multiple team members
- Ability to coordinate occasional small events and manage event planning details and communications on behalf of the team
- Experience in accurate data entry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information