Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/03/OF
Starting Salary Range: $40,820 - $60,000
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10002861-SOM OB GYN Gynecologic Oncology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
Administrative Supervisor for the Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- Manage all administrative activities for busy gyn oncology surgical practice including primary administrative support to the director and three-five full-time and two part-time faculty members.
- Supervise up to five full-time support staff members to include back up coverage for phone, appointment and surgical scheduling as needed.
- Maintain and monitor attendance, time sheet maintenance, surgical calendars, as well as any disciplinary issues.
- Hire all administrative/surgical scheduling staff.
- Orient and assist with credentialing of new employees/physicians.
- Orient and process visiting observers and shadowing students.
- Coordinate all divisional special events and lectures.
- Oversee the maintenance of office supplies, computer equipment and printers.
- Assist the Administrative Coordinator with clinic related concerns/issues that arise with patients, template processing for JHOC and off-site clinics and other clinical related concerns.
- Manage all divisional spending obtaining approval as needed and shadow-manage all divisional gift accounts to track revenue and spending.
- Generate SAP related requests for division to include travel expense reports and check requests.
- Interact with other members of department to include departmental chair, administrator, financial managers and clinic managers.
- This position may have the need to manage fellowship activities for the division to include preparation and submission of annual ACGME application, adhere to the rules and regulations set forth by ACGME.
- Coordinate two major fellowship interview schedules, follow through the hiring process, credentialing, and orientation.
- Apply to memberships for incoming fellows as needed, and other duties as associated with incoming fellows.
- Maintain current fellows’ routine with associated meetings, quarterly reports and evaluations and any other fellowship related administrative duties via New Innovations.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Five years progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula:
30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information