Coordinator, Faculty Affairs
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: $17.25 to $23.72 per hour
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30-5
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 46-MD:JH at Harbor East
Department name: 60004456-Faculty & Research Administration
Personnel area: Carey Business School
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of a wide range of administrative duties, projects, and event support of the Office of Faculty and Research (OFR). Duties require customer service, problem-solving, and attention to detail, discretion, creativity, and initiative.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Seminar Speaker Series 30%
- Work with faculty hosts to confirm guest travel plans conform to all University policies and procedures.
- Coordinate hotel accommodations, arrival at Carey, and presentation site.
- Manage schedule and communicate it to the guest, participating faculty, and other OFR staff.
- Follows-up with guest and collects receipts and other necessary information for reimbursement to give to the Budget Specialist.
Data Management 20%
- Uses Digital Measures (data management software) to maintain faculty profile for purposes of reporting professional details.
- Input and maintain full-time faculty information with various faculty databases (such as Digital Measures and Faculty Force).
- Provide reports and analysis on faculty data at the request of the Vice Dean for Faculty & Research.
- Uses SIS (Integrated Student Information System) to update faculty teaching schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Web Content Management 20%
- Uses Expression Engine (website content management) to maintain the accuracy of the Faculty Website, including all faculty related documents and the faculty handbook.
- Manages biographic information on the faculty website.
- Creates new faculty biographies on the faculty website.
- Edits and maintains existing biographies on the faculty website.
- Ensures full-time faculty biographies are linked with SIS.
- Create and update Seminar Speaker Series webpage.
General Administrative Support 15%
- Provide outstanding customer service to external and internal constituents, such as students, staff, and faculty members.
- Provides general administrative support for the unit as needed.
- Develops and recommends administrative processes/procedures for OFR to assure efficiency.
- Assists faculty and OFR staff with scheduling/reservation requests of other Carey space as needed.
- Creates and edits Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations for various meetings and presentations, including meeting minutes per the discretion of the supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Project & Event Support 15%
- Works with Carey’s Department of Events Management team for larger events, such as the Faculty summit (twice per year), and faculty hosted conferences.
- Takes minutes during Faculty Meetings and Faculty Summit.
- Proposes new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Finds solutions for any problems that arise during the event.
- Prepares nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc. as needed.
- On occasion, available on the weekends to staff special events.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- HS/GED required. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
- Three years of related experience required. Experience in higher education environment preferred. Familiarity with Carey Business School goals, standards, policies, and procedures preferred.
- Additional education may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula (30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year experience).
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to multitask
- Attention to detail, both in communications and tasks/projects
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities
- Ability to work at a fast pace under multiple work distractions
- Demonstrated experience in customer service; excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of internet/web-based resources
- Strong computer skills, email skills, and professional etiquette
- Knowledge/proficiency of Windows applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Interest in mastering new software or online university systems
- Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic supportive software.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
JH at Legg Mason Harbor East - Carey Business School