Research Program Assistant
Salary: $13.23 - $18.23
Work Schedule/Hours: Monday- Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm
Department name: 10001130-Research Projects
Location: 05-MD:School of Public Health
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The Research Program Assistant will work as part of a collaborative research team on an ethnographic assessment of drug use and harm reduction capacity in Maryland counties from the perspective of people who use drugs and stakeholders. This position will be instrumental in supporting project operations. The incumbent will provide administrative support to program managers including special projects, correspondence, maintaining Outlook calendars, event planning, data compilation. The RPA will interact with project participants and field team members via phone to schedule appointments and facilitate referrals to services and maintain updated resource guides and access to prevention materials. Additionally, this position will perform general front desk operational duties such as answering telephones, photocopying and distributing information, mailings, filing, and similar duties as assigned. May perform duties of a sensitive and confidential nature.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
The Research Program Assistant will engage in the following:
- Works under the direction of study team leads to facilitate operational activities for statewide assessment of the gaps in harm reduction services in Maryland from the perspective of people who use drugs
- Schedules interviews and maintains project calendar
- Manage study contact list and maintain updated resource guide and prevention materials
- Facilitates referrals to services for study participants and in collaboration with field staff
- Collaborate with study team to facilitate transfer of data files, field notes, prevention materials, and other field supplies
- May contribute to data synthesis, interpretation, and community engagement activities as needed and as appropriate
- Uses computer to create spreadsheets, scan and save electronic files, mail merges, maintain lists, and produce various reports. Also accesses e-mail, electronic calendars and other basic office support software.
- Secures conference rooms and meeting spaces (in person and virtual).
- Types routine correspondence and reports from dictation or handwritten copy using personal computer.
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relays messages.
- Picks up and delivers materials as required.
High School Diploma/GED. Some related experience required.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information