Patient Service Associate
WILL WORK 9:30 AM TO 6:00 PM MONDAY-FRIDAY, SOME WEEKENDS 7AM-10AM, TRAVEL TO DANVILLE
- Explain billing to patients
- Coordinate and participate in a variety of duties associated with daily
- Answer telephone, take and deliver messages to physicians, nurses and Strong verbal and written communication.
- Basic PC and data entry patient identification, patient check in/out, charge posting, cash Check-out skills.
- Knowledge of medical ancillary service requisitions.
- Schedule tests and procedures.
- Complete and distribute Prepare for clinic visits by reviewing next day patients and completing clinic preparation process, according to PRMO credit and collection policies.
- Determine the amount patients.
- Make return appointments by scheduling patients into the others.
- Report obtained completely and timely.
- Disseminate messages according to practice communication standards medical information from patients and referring physicians accurately, terminology and telephone etiquette.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize relating to verifying patient information, collecting payments and establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Must be able to apply specific departmental maintaining records and forms. policies rules and regulations next day preparation management and patient correct appointment type, appointment scheduling.
- Position also involves customer service, message distribution, ancillary scheduling and preparation and referrals activities.
- Enter pre-visit orders and prepare new patient charts.
- Pick up X-rays, office charts, medical records, reports, petty cash and collections bag.
- File history sheets, ancillary reports and all other required patient record documentation.
- Return medical records.
- Attach HIPPA/Medicare documents to the encounter forms.
- Check-in patient upon arrival in the practice.
- Identify correct patient information in Maestro Care.
- Verify patient demographic data.
- Edit Maestro Care as needed.
- Accurately identify the appropriate account for patient visit.
- Present and educate patients on required forms and obtain signature as required by policy and procedure.
- Completes all Maestro Care check-in files and manage all appropriate alerts.
- Collect and post co-payments and balances on accounts due.
- Imprint all patient specific chart documents and requisition/transmittal documents.
- Copy, file and distribute insurance cards as indicated by procedure.
- Coordinate all labs/procedures as requested.
- Maintain private physician office charts.
- Prepare encounter forms.
- Investigate and account for missing encounter forms.
- Audit encounter forms for completeness and accuracy before batching.
- Batches encounter forms or charge posting in Maestro Care. of cash to be collected based on insurance plan. entering the primary care physician or referring physician and scheduling tests and procedures. and prioritize work, provide oral and written instructions and interact tactfully with customers.
Duke Entity PRMO
Job Family Level B2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles normally acquired through high school education
Minimum of one year of work experience in directly communicating and providing service to patients or public; preferably in a healthcare related field. Experience in effectively coordinating multiple tasks or activities.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications