Western Australia Health Translation Network (WAHTN)
Consumer and Community Health Research Network (CCHRN)
- To be part of a team that brings together health and medical researchers, consumers and community members to make decisions about research.
- This is a unique opportunity with a fixed term appointment until 30 June 2019
- Salary range: Level 6 $78,222 - $82,729 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
The WA Health Translation Network (WAHTN) represents a new, collaborative way for universities, hospitals, medical research institutes and health affiliated organisations to work together in Western Australia. Under the WAHTN, the Consumer and Community Health Research Network (CCHRN) was established to expand current consumer and community programs across WAHTN partners.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Consumer Advocate to join our team, be part of an innovative Program of Work where the consumer and community 'voice' is integral to the way health research is undertaken.
In this unique and varied community development role, you will bring strong relationship management skills and provide a bridging role between researchers and the community.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- High level understanding of and experience in active consumer and community involvement principles and practice
- A passion for consumer and community involvement
- Strong understanding of the importance of the 'lived experience' of consumers and/or community members and of their contribution and value to research and teaching programs
- Able to build, foster and maintain supportive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work collegiately in a team environment as well as being able to work independently
- An understanding of the research environment would be advantageous
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Closing date: Sunday, 6 January 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.