Lecturer in Pharmaceutical Sciences
Department Name College of Pharmacy - Pharmaceutical Sciences Department
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility.
The College of Pharmacy is the first and only pharmacy degree program in the State of Qatar. The College offers 5-years BSc (Pharmacy), Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD), 2-years MSc (Pharm) degree program and a PhD Program. Our program is the first international program to be accredited by the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP) and partners with local and international education and health care institutions to support its academic and research mandates. As a lead College and the first of its kind in this country, we are undergoing constant change as we strive to achieve excellence while meeting our mandate, to provide its graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to become competent pharmacists, to meet the health care needs of this society. The vision of the College is to be the leading pharmacy college in the Middle East region,
The College of Pharmacy, Qatar University invites applications for a full time faculty position at the Lecturer level beginning January 2019. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will teach and coordinate courses associated with Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Sciences at the undergraduate level.
- The candidate will teach practical sessions in the labs and theoretical lectures.
- Minimum requirements include a Master degree
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates with a professional degree in pharmacy and demonstrated excellence in teaching are preferred.
- A letter of interest
- Updated curriculum vitae
- A record of teaching excellence (or teaching philosophy)
- Three letters of reference must be submitted
The employment package is commensurate with experience and rank and highly competitive. It includes a 12-month tax free salary, housing, private health insurance, relocating expenses, financial support for school expenses of the faculty’s children, and annual round-trip flight tickets as in line with the current Qatar University HR policies. For more information please visit Qatar University website at (www.qu.edu.qa).
Qatar University is committed to employment equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified women and men. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Applicants should apply online via the Qatar University Jobs website (www.qu.edu.qa)
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisment 01-May-2019