Executive Manager, Nursing and Health
- SE3 – (agreed rate)
- Fixed-term full-time role until February 2022, Wantirna
- Swinburne’s Pathways and Vocational Education
Exciting leadership opportunity to join Swinburne in 2019 as our new Executive Manager – Nursing & Health.
About the job
Our Department of Health Science and Community is currently looking for an Executive Manager who will be responsible for the strategic leadership of the Diploma of Nursing and other certificate level health programs.
As our new Executive Manager you will provide vision and leadership to the team, with a strong focus on innovation, strategic planning and growth outcomes. The role will ensure the delivery of high quality programs and innovative learning and assessment practices to meet the needs of student cohorts. Whilst capitalising on current opportunities the role has a target to deliver strategic goals of 35% growth, a formalised partnership with at least two large-scale health providers, along with other strategic outcomes as identified in Swinburne’s 2025 Vision and the 2020 Pathways and Vocational Education Investment Plan.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Completion of postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or
- extensive experience and management expertise; or
- an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- A sound knowledge and demonstrated experience of nursing, health or related fields along with a demonstrated ability to work with relevant industries, community partners and regulatory bodies.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic business and workforce planning, enabling business units to achieve performance targets and budgets.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
Some of our excellent benefits include:
- Participate in regular staff and management development program
- Private health insurance discounts
- Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff
Further information and how to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2018 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To view the position description or to start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Aneeta Anthony (T&L Administrator) via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 5 pm Sunday 20th January 2019.