Head Athletic Trainer, Football
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 117 NCAA championship titles, completing an unprecedented sweep of both the men’s and women’s Capital One Cups, and bringing home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 24 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the University’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
The Department of Athletics is seeking a Head Athletic Trainer, Football. Reporting to the
Director, Athletic Training, you will be working cohesively and collaboratively with coaches, researchers and world-renowned physicians to ensure the health and safety of student-athletes. You must be an effective communicator, passionate about wellness and scholar-athleticism, skilled in injury prevention, evaluation and treatment services for intercollegiate student-athletes, and an expert in maintaining exceptional student-athletic performance. You will also build international relationships and effectively impact staff as a manager.You have the opportunity to influence student-athletes to lead successful and fulfilling lives. Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver a high-level of medical service including, but not limited to, coverage, prevention, assessment, referrals, treatment, and rehabilitation to student-athletes.
- Ensure emergency readiness at all sanctioned practices and events.
- Maintain student-athlete compliance with team physician treatment guidelines.
- Assure confidentiality of student-athlete medical records.
- Provide effective written and oral communication between student-athletes, coaches, sports performance staff, administrators, as well as, the multi-disciplinary medical team regarding the status and progress of student-athletes.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant parties.
- Provide leadership in assigned administrative areas.
- Supervise and mentor Assistant Football Athletic Trainers.
- Travel, evening and weekend work is expected, including off-season conditioning coverage.
- Collaborate with researchers involved with Stanford University and the Pac-12 Conference.
- Adhere to all policies and procedure, including but not limited to, DAPER, NCAA, Pac-12 Conference, and Stanford Hospital and Clinics policies.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
Current NATABOC CPR, First Aid, and AED certification.
- Five (5) years post Master’s experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer with football at the college/university level, professional level, and/or experience working with elite athletes.
- Ability to work long hours with irregular schedules.
- Ability to engage in physically demanding, manual tasks.
In addition, preferred qualifications include:
- Experience functioning as a head athletic trainer for football.
- Experience interacting and communicating effectively with coaches and medical personnel.
- This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for insuring that his/her involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 Conference rules and regulations.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is For You
- Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ride sharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply:
- Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application. All applications must be submitted via Stanford’s Careers webpage at: https://careersearch.stanford.edu/