Postdoctoral Fellow in Civil Engineering
Organization Name Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution,seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- Be responsible for the computational modeling aspects of the project Warm Rubberized Asphalt Concrete (Warm RAC)mixes as a means for development of a holistic design procedure for Warm RACmixes
- Develop an inelastic constitutive model for the response of Warm RAC mixes on the basis of multi-scale chemo-mechanical test results
- Formulate, implement, verify, calibrate and validate the results of physico-mechanical constitutive models at various physical scales
- Utilize physico-mechanical constitutive models, at various physical scales, for identification of the significance of the various mix components and design parameters in the overall mix performance and resistance to damage of WarmRAC mixes.
- Integrate individual constitutive models describing specific aspects of material response to a single constitutive model for WarmRAC mixes
- Participate in the team effort for the development of a guideline for optimization of WarmRAC mix design.
- Participate in the supervision of the activities of PhD and MSc students.
- PhD in Civil Engineering with emphasis on computational mechanics
- Experience in constitutive model formulation, computational mechanics and finite element implementation.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow in Civil Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly