Senior Project Manager
Starting Salary Range: $70,103 - $96,472
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p..
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 11-MD:JH at CPIA Century Plaza
Department name: 10001507-Energetics Research Group
Personnel area: Whiting School of Engineering
The Senior Project Manager, based at the Homewood Campus, will provide significant support to Whiting School of Engineering’s Associate Dean of Research and through the Commercial and Government Programs Office. This position will provide strategic planning and programmatic support to the Whiting School’s Commercial and Government Office, as well as lead the formation of a robust USGOV DoD-based research portfolio through development of new school-wide initiatives. The position will report directly to the Executive Director of the CGPO.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Leads in the development, planning, management and implementation of large-scale, complex defense-based projects
- Conducts research and data analysis to inform business decisions by the Whiting School leadership
- Develops plans to materialize strategy and analyze business proposals
- Assists in the development of Whiting School of Engineering’s strategic plans
- Prepares regular briefings for management regarding the DOD posture of the Whiting School of Engineering
- Assists in the implementation of JHU systems within WSE to ensure data is accurately and effectively managed.
- Maintains effective relationships with various proposal development teams within JHU (such as RDT) to coordinate large scale proposals and submissions.
- Establishes strategies and priorities for the Sponsored research business development activity for the Whiting School of Engineering, including government sponsored commercial teaming
- Oversees the sponsored research contract/business development activities including all aspects of competitive proposal development for WSE when necessary.
- Provides contract/project management from initiation to closure including resource allocation, scheduling, roles, budget management, slippage etc.
- Manages the WSE Commercial Working Group
- Manages the WSE DARPA Posture by creating and maintaining relationships with program managers and faculty with DARPA interest.
- Leads the implementation of GovWin and CGPO/Assc Dean Research use of FacultyForce
- Support and facilitate IAA development efforts with Assc Dean Research, Assc Dean Finance, Sr. Assoc. Dean Strategic Initiative
- Supports and facilitate NSF Engineering Research Center proposal development exercise
- Supports and facilitate WSE engagement/membership in research consortia
- Supports development and portfolio management for sponsored research agreements/contracts (IDIQ) with industry in support of USGOV sponsored research
- Supports management and in reach plans (faculty) for Government IDIQ contracts
- Analytics, Metrics, Forecasts, Post Award Program Management support
- Coordinating with other JHU entities (SOM, APL) as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Five years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula:
30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience preferred.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is also required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting and experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of University research/contracts administration policies and procedures
- General knowledge of federal policies for procuring/managing sponsored programs is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of standard project management tools and techniques, scheduling and requirements traceability
- Proficiency required in MS Office suite, MS Project or equivalent, online collaborative workspace (SharePoint or equivalent)
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information