Assessment Officer, Exam Ops
Location: BPP Law School Holborn
Closing date: 17/12/2018
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Operations - Registry & Scheduling - Assessment & Operations
As an Assessment Officer (Exam Operations) you will provide a first-class administrative and operational service in support of the running of Exams at BPP. You will be a key member of the Assessment Team (Exams Operations), working with BPP’s centres across London to support the running of Exams and provide excellent assessment services for BPP students.
Where necessary you will be expected to assist other Assessment teams within the Registry department during peak times which may include all regular administrative duties (answering phones, organising mailouts, dealing with general Assessment Office enquiries) to ensure the success of assessment operations at BPP University.
Your team’s key responsibilities will include:
- Booking Venues/Rooms and liaising with venues and agents
- Preparation of Exam packs
- Set up of rooms for exams (including equipment)
- Running exams on the day, including learning support Exams
- Releasing venue information to students
- Booking and managing invigilators (internal and external)
- Training invigilators
- Desk allocations
- Provide number of sitters to product managers to print the papers
- Stock checking (materials)
- Organising online assessments
- Assist with sending out physical transcripts
Additional responsibilities applicable to the post holder
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade of the position
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities in compliance with the rules and regulations encompassing equal opportunities
- Adhere, comply and work in accordance with University and Departmental policies, procedures and codes of conduct and GDPR.
- Participate in training and professional development associated with the role
Essential Criteria for Role
- Experience of working in a professional academic support team, in a higher education academic support service or other relevant administrative setting.
- Ability to use MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with students and staff in a helpful and professional manner
- Ability to set own goals in addition to achieving given targets and deadlines
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to prioritise a diverse and demanding workload working to often competing deadlines in a calm manner
- Ability to interpret and apply academic regulations and policies and apply them to your day-to-day work
- Evidence of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain a professional manner and calm approach in a busy office environment and in delivery of assessment services for students
- Confident individual with a strong team working ethic with a can do attitude
Interivews will take place on Monday 26th November.