Research Assistant in Civil Engineering
Organization Name Civil Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution,seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To develop advanced GIS programs
- To develop web interfaces
- Top develop mobile applications
- To integrate remote sensing imagery and models outputs into web and mobile interfaces
- To develop databases
- To prepare Linux and Windows environment to deploy numerical models
- To prepare the hardware and data dissemination systems
- The candidate will primarily work on the development of GIS and web interfaces to distribute data products
- Operational Responsibilities include managing a database of satellite data and the GIS data of the developed maps. The candidate is expected to track the project deliverables including monthly reports and assist the PI in producing the deliverables on time to the external sponsor.
- The candidate is expected to supervise and train undergraduate and graduate students who will be involved in the project.
- Bachelor in computer science and GIS programming
- 2-5 years
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)