Research Program Assistant
Starting Salary Range: [[$12.19 - $16.77 ]]
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: M-F 8:30 to 5pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: [[601 N. Caroline (JHOC 6)]]
Department name: 10003035-SOM Oto Pediatric Otolaryngology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
For the Department of Otolaryngology is seeking a full time Research Program Assistant for an observational study evaluating clinician-family communication and decision-making in pediatric surgical care. Position is 6-month post (starting winter 2019) with possibility of contract renewal. Independence and comfort interacting with children, their parents, surgical nurses, and surgeons.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Recruit, screen, and enroll study participants according to protocol eligibility criteria. Enrolled participants will include parents, children (the patients), and surgical clinicians.
- Review patient medical charts to determine potential eligibility.
- Collect and organize study data through study protocols, interviews, and data entry. Data collection includes audio recording patient encounters during active clinic sessions.
- Review study protocol, and obtain informed consent from study participants as dictated by study.
- Conduct routine research interviews, distribute surveys and other outcome measures, coordinates study transcripts.
- Enter study material into the database.
- Run routine queries of the data.
- Travel (car preferable) to external clinic sites including East Baltimore, Bayview, Anne Arundel, Greenspring, Howard County for study protocols and participant recruitment.
- Assist with clerical duties and manuscript preparation.
- Assist with running errands related to study (facilitate participant incentives, purchase and deliver snacks, write thank-you notes, etc). Other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
High school diploma or equivalent (e.g., GED). Some related experience. Experience working with Microsoft Office required (Word and Excel)
- Experience working with REDCap web application and/or Stata preferred.
- Some college courses preferred
- Experience working with children, families, or pediatric care preferred.
- Experience working with health services and outcomes research studies preferred.
- Motivated and self-directed individual who works independently
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information