Senior Educational Advisor
Starting Salary Range: $50.00 per hour
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: Sunday through Saturday
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 60003332-Educator Preparation Programs
Personnel area: School of Education
Advisors are Master of Education in Health Professions (MEHP) faculty, alumni, and senior fellows. He/she will provide advice and guidance to fellows entering the MEHP program and throughout the fellows’ tenure in the program for the purpose of monitoring their progress, sharing their experience, and alerting the program to the need for resources.
The role of the advisor is to guide the fellow to become acclimated to the MEHP content and logistics, and to provide advice regarding the MEHP options in relation to personal career advancement. The advisor assists in course selection and in what to expect in the program. The fellow also reminds fellows to register in a timely manner for each course. The advisor helps the fellow address any issues that interfere with her/his successful and timely course completion.
Specific advising includes:
- Welcome new fellows and share their experience in the program and its influence on their education work and/or career paths
- Share their approaches to time management and project selection
- Check-in with advisees to ensure that they are progressing each semester
- Encourage advisees to contact the program if they are experiencing academic or personal issues that may interfere with program success
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attendance at an Advisor Orientation session (1 hour online) and an annual debrief meeting.
- Attendance at faculty meetings when possible.
- Maintain contact with the advisee(s) throughout program tenure following a prescribed sequence of touch points to ensure candidates’ success in meeting program learning outcomes.
- Alert the program of advisee’s need for a conference, support, intervention, or resources.
- Commit to support the advisee through graduation (additional support from assigned Capstone instructor).
- Complete online reporting for communications with advisee.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Terminal Degree (EdD or PhD)
- 3 years related experience
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of MEHP program educational goals and outcomes
- Familiarity with the MEHP program courses and sequencing
- Experience as a clinician educator
- Ability to identify and access resources for fellows
This position is not benefits eligible.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information