Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Aerospace Engineering
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Aerospace Engineering (Two Posts)
Faculty of Science, Technology and Arts (STA)
Department of Engineering and Mathematics
£34,189 to £50,132 dependent on experience
Job number 045182
Closing date 13/01/19 at 23:30
The Aerospace degree is supported by the Thermofluids Subject Group within the Department of Engineering and Maths. We have expertise in analysis, experimentation and simulation in the areas of fluid mechanics and thermodynamics.
We are looking for two academics to join our aerospace team. You will have well developed and current knowledge and understanding of critical, practical and theoretical issues relevant to Aircraft Design and expertise in either UAV and Flight Mechanics or Avionics and Aerospace Systems Engineering.
As a lecturer your duties will include
- Delivery of formal teaching in the form of e.g. lectures, tutorials, laboratory classes or workshops.
- Contribution to Research within the department.
- Development and supervision of projects for students undertaking their final year dissertation.
- Preparation of assessments (coursework and examinations).
- Academic advice and guidance to students.
Your ability to inspire, motivate and connect with a wide range of people will mean you can engage with both our students and our industry partners to promote employability and learning in an applied setting. You must have a PhD in a relevant discipline (or nearing completion) and evidence of a contribution to knowledge in your field e.g. publications or creative work.
**Equality, diversity and inclusion are essential to our academic and business strengths. We believe that excellence comes through recognising the value of each individual.**
**We particularly welcome applications from female candidates as we are underrepresented in this area.**
For non-EU applicants, we may be able to offer a certificate of sponsorship for this job if required.
We welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements
Link to job
More searches like this
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Sheffield
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Sheffield
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sheffield