Human Resources Assistant Internship
Application closing date 16/12/2018
Location Preston Campus
Salary National Minimum Wage (£7.83 per hour)
Job category/type Professional Services
This is a unique opportunity to operate as a member of the HR Service Team gaining invaluable experience across a wide range of functions.
As a member of the HR Service Team the HR assistant will co-ordinate the intern process, and contribute to a range of complex HR processes working within legislative frameworks and University procedures. The intern will also gain an understanding of the wider HR Team.
- Contribute to the co-ordination of the intern process including providing induction information to newly appointed Interns.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and staff on the University's recruitment and selection process.
- Liaise with Careers to ensure that interns are appointed through the correct procedure in a timely and efficient manner
- Work on the staff recruitment and selection process by providing recruiting managers with applicant details, coordinating interview arrangements, informing candidates and collating information regarding shortlisting and appointing.
- Work with the HR Service Team on a full range of HR processes for example, absence monitoring and reporting, contractual changes and processing new appointments.
You MUST have graduated from UCLan between 1 November 2017 - 31 July 2018. This must have been your first degree. Applicants should currently be either unemployed or underemployed (not working in a graduate level position) and should not be enrolled for postgraduate study.
Skills and Abilities - Essential
Experience of working and delivering within tight deadlines, organising and prioritising workloads in a busy and demanding
environment (A, I)
- Ability to process information accurately (A, I)
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality with an understanding of the Data Protection Act. (A, I)
- Proven listening, negotiating and influencing skills (A,I)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present information on a clear and concise way, both verbally and in writing (A,I)
- Analytical with the ability to interpret information and data (A,I)
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Packages (A,I)
Skills and Abilities - Desirable
Knowledge of basic employment law (A, I)
- Enthusiastic person with interest in Human Resources (A,I)
Hours: Full time (36.25 hours per week)
Basis: Fixed term for 48 weeks
Please apply via Careers Edge - https://www.uclan.ac.uk/students/support/careers/index.php