Assistant Professor in English Language
Assistant Professor – General Education Department, Faculty of Humanities and Social Science
Ref. No: #19201-GED01
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions:
- Assistant Professor in English Language
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institution. As a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents and deliver applicable programs that will serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Science (FHSS) offers various programmes with distinctive characteristics and strengths, consists of applied psychology, cultural industry management, social work and social sciences, covering Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral levels. In addition, there are pre-university and general education courses to provide an all-round education for undergraduates and promote the comprehensive development of students' intellect.
- Teaching areas include Oral English, General English, English for Master, Language/Communication in English, and other courses as assigned by General Education Department.
- Course Type involved Beginner of General English, English for General Purposes and English for Specific Academic Purposes.
- Successful candidates will be responsible for curriculum and materials development in teaching English for professional and academic purposes.
- Participate in all ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Instruction and supporting in English learning and teaching activities.
- Doctoral degree in relevant disciplines from accredited programs.
- Previous teaching experience at the tertiary level either locally or internationally.
- Possess good knowledge in academic research.
- Candidates should be familiar with electronic learning platforms.
- Candidates should demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in communication with students, colleagues, staff and administrators as an individual or as a part of a team.
- Macau ID Card holders are preferred.
- Native English language proficiency is preferable.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are competitive. Currently, the highest marginal personal tax rate in Macao is 12%. But the effective tax rate is around 5% to 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Applicants should visit http://www.cityu.edu.mo/en/category/job-vacancy/teaching-en/ for more details, and may apply ONLINE or send the application either by mail to the Human Resources Office, 2/F Administrative Building, Avenida Padre Tomas Pereira Taipa, Macau or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 18, 2019.
Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position in Aug 2019.
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**
Apply for Assistant Professor in English Language
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly