Public Relations Associate, Multimedia Producer
University of Kurdistan Hewlêr (UKH) is seeking a talented multimedia producer for the creation of digital contents such as videos, digital marketing campaigns, social media imagery, photography, and motion graphics animations.
Public Relations (PR)
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
HOURS OF WORK:
40/Week (Normally 08:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Sunday – Thursday)
PLACE OF WORK:
University of Kurdistan Hewlêr
Director of the Department
JD VERSION (HR):
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position holder, in consultation with the line manager, will:
- Contribute to the overall vision and execution of all digital content.
- Utilize and recommend advanced technologies, workflows, and post-production methodologies for the development of digital content.
- Help expand University reach via YouTube, Podcast, Facebook, Instagram and website due to high-quality productions put out as needed.
- Oversee/Execute Captioning, Transcription & ‘Meme-ify Videos as needed.
- Create Ads for Lead Generation (Facebook, IG, Snapchat, Google).
- Contribute to the daily update and monitoring of social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Design, place, or check University posters, brochures, announcements, etc.
- Publicize to students, Staff members, and/or public of the events taking place in the University, this may include making posters, updating the University screens, etc.
- Leave the University campus when needed for University use.
- Contribute to University publications for internal and external audiences.
- Participate in arranging public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits for the University personnel to promote University brand.
- Contribute to the management and production of UKH newsletter.
- Circulate information updates among Department members.
- Print, record and circulate documents, and audio and visual records required for meetings and departmental use.
- Consistently meet individual goals while navigating the role within a larger team.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line manager.
The position holder should have the following:
- Qualification: Bachelor degree.
- Years of experience: 2 years of relevant experience.
- Specialised certification and/or training: Specialised certification in video production and editing is desirable.
- Language skills (reading, writing and speaking): English language; Kurdish and Arabic languages will be an advantage.
- Computer skills: Advanced computer, camera and programming skills.
- Specific technical skills: Knowledge of design techniques and tools.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (or industry equivalent) software, including Premiere Pro required; knowledge of graphics design and manipulation (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects).
- Strong videographer with photography skills, which include the setup of video and photo shoots, lighting, sound, and other technical details.
- Strong graphic design skills and digital design skills, specifically tailored to presentation design, motion graphics, and infographic design.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the digital post-production process.
- Ability to support the development, planning, and implementation of a digital media strategy to further the visibility and community engagement goals of projects.
- Ability to perform a broad range of PR activities, including tracking of Department archive and internal and external channels, etc.
- Ability to listen, discuss, negotiate and provide advice on difficult, complex or sensitive issues, considering the views of all parties.
- Comprehensive understanding of general University principles, rules, regulations and activities.
- In-depth knowledge and use of PR platforms for branding and communications.
- Ability to arrange, categorise, keep and analyse data and information.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Typing and formatting skills with the ability to apply a specific documentation format.
- Good attention to details.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own tasks.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the specific Vacancy Title: PR Associate (Multimedia Producer) and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at ‘Vacancies’ on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.