Starting Salary Range: $16.10 - $22.12
Employee group: Part-time
Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 24 hours per week
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 60004979-Fetal Therapy Program
Personnel area: School of Medicine
This position is responsible for data collection and entry as well as assistance in database maintenance for the Johns Hopkins Center for Fetal Therapy clinical and research programs. This is a part time position (60%) and involves human subject data for multiple conditions and research projects.
- Abstract data from patient medical records from a variety of sources that requires some interpretation. Monitors data quality and accuracy as required by the condition and applicable research protocols.
- Enter data into a computer database.
- Maintains data collection and analysis systems in support of clinical quality assurance and research protocols; including the management of data, paper files, and electronic databases.
- Ensures that source documentation for data verification is submitted to the research nurse coordinator, or clinical data coordinator or principal investigators.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Works with the research and clinical teams in the Center.
- Works with EPIC, Excel, Access and REDCap computer systems utilized by the Center.
- Participate in weekly research group meetings
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
- Some related experience including experience in data extraction, entry and maintenance.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula:
30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
- An ideal candidate will be reliable, self-motivated, organized, and need a strong attention to detail, accuracy, protocol adherence, and flexibility.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proficient in medical and scientific terminology
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information