Research Associate / Postdoc - Mechanical Science and Engineering
At TU Dresden, Faculty of Mechanical Science and Engineering, Institute of Aerospace Engineering, the Chair of Space Systems offers, subject to resources being available, a position available from March 1st, 2019 as
Research Associate / Postdoc
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
within the framework of the ETPack project for the development of novel space propulsion concepts (tether, electron sources) funded by the EU within the framework of H2020. The position is fixed term initially for 39 months (until May 31st, 2022) with the possibility of an extension. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed-Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG). The position offers the chance to obtain further academic qualification (e.g. habilitation thesis).
- Project management and point of contact as well as coordination between TU Dresden, the EU and the international project partners within the framework of the ETPack project.
- Support, supervision of the team and development including analysis, simulation, design, test and operation of electric space engines, in particular hollow cathodes, hollow cathode engines and cold electron sources.
- Development of own research topics, project acquisition and networking with cooperation partners and funding partners.
- Supervision of student research projects and diploma theses and development as well as teaching (if desired).
- Scientific publications and attendance at relevant conferences.
Postdocs have the opportunity to acquire and manage large and renowned research projects. The position offers the successful applicant an excellent platform for research topics in the field of electric space propulsion at one of the leading universities in Germany. It is expected to take advantage of the opportunities to establish intensive scientific collaborations within the chair and with cooperation partners.
Requirements: good to very good university degree and preferably a relevant doctorate; experience in the acquisition and management of third-party funded projects; independent and flexible way of working; innovative and analytical thinking; high commitment; good communication and team skills; good English; German is an assert; scientific curiosity. We are looking for first-class and proactive scientists for the position who are striving for a profile in science.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please send your complete application documents including curriculum vitae and copies of certificates preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single PDF document to: email@example.com or to: TU Dresden, Fakultät Maschinenwesen, Institut für Luft- und Raumfahrttechnik, Professur für Raumfahrtsysteme, Herrn Prof. Dr. Martin Tajmar, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Application deadline is January 14th, 2019 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies). Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis
Please find the german version under: https://tu-dresden.de/stellenausschreibung/6515
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Germany
- Fixed Term Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Postdocs jobs in Germany
- Fixed Term Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Research Related jobs in Germany
- Fixed Term Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Research Associate jobs in Germany