Salary: £19,202 to £20,836 per annum
Closing Date: Sunday 06 January 2019 at midnight
Interview Date: Tuesday 05 February 2019
Full-time, permanent role
Salary is £19,202 to £20,836 per annum
York St John is an ambitious, modern university at the heart of historic York and there has never been a more exciting time to join us. This is an excellent opportunity to join our award winning team of Horticulturists working with gardens kept to the highest of standards.
You will work on the University estate covering all campus sites and enhancing our fine buildings which include: The Quadrangle on our Lord Mayor's Walk Campus, modern award recognised buildings and our newly acquired Sports Complex at Haxby Road. You will play a key role in ensuring that our well maintained grounds enhance the University student, staff and visitor experience.
You should have:
- Experience working as a Gardener in a professional capacity and in all aspects of grounds maintenance;
- A good overall knowledge of Horticulture;
- A conscientious nature and proficiency in the use of pedestrian/ride-on grass cutting equipment and power hand tools, such as brush cutters and hedge-trimmers as well as traditional hand tools;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
It is essential that candidates hold:
- A full driving licence;
- PA1 & PA6a Certificates of competence;
- City & Guild / NVQ or equivalent qualification in horticulture.
Closing Date: 06 Jan 2019
Category: Professional Support