Teaching Assistant in Computer Science and Engineering
Location Doha, QA
Department Name Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has a long tradition of commitment to excellence in teaching research and student services.The Department offers B.Sc. degree in computer science and in computer engineering. It also offers MS degree in computing, and Ph.D.degrees in computer science and computer engineering. Our graduates are very well placed at the national level and are highly recognized within the Computer Science and Engineering professional community. We have an exceptionally qualified Faculty that is committed to maintaining this tradition.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering is seeking candidates for a teaching assistant positions.
Candidates are required to have strong record in teaching in one or more of the following areas: programming courses,database,microprocessors, logic design, computer architecture, android development, etc.
Candidates are expected to:
- Bring innovation to teaching,
- Engage in outstanding scholarly activities leading to national, regional and international recognition.
Candidates must have M.Sc. degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field, and must demonstrate:
- Interest in and promise of excellence in teaching a broad range of courses in Computer Science and Engineering curricula.
- Good written and oral English skills
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisment 28-Feb-2019