Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
Organization Name Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution,seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- A postdoctoral position is currently available in the Process Systems Engineering Laboratory at the Khalifa University of Science & Technology. The project deals with process preventive maintenance. The successful candidate will develop probabilistic based models as well as machine learning models that incorporate the most important maintenance indicators. The models will be tested on actual units in the gas processing industry.
- Candidates should have a PhD in chemical engineering (or related area) with expertise in Big data analytics, predictive maintenance, and/or mathematical programming (mixed-integer, non-convex and stochastic programming) and process simulation. Relevant background in the gas processing industry and/or petroleum refining and petrochemical industry is a significant advantage. There are tremendous opportunities for research collaboration with industrial stakeholders, as well as the affiliated universities.
- We are particularly interested in candidates with the following qualities:
- Good knowledge of and research experience in big data analytics, machine learning, predictive maintenance, and process optimization and simulation
- Strong mathematical and statistics skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A good track record of research publications
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly