Deputy Director ITMS, Delivery
- 5 years, fixed term, full time appointment
- Attractive remuneration package on offer
- Casuarina Campus
Provide leadership and expert advice, ensuring the reliable and efficient delivery of all production solutions and services to the Charles Darwin University community.
Information Technology Management and Support (ITMS), provides a full range of ICT services to Charles Darwin University (CDU) and its extended community, to support and enhance teaching, learning, research and administrative/business activities. ITMS is responsible for the development and/or delivery of the University’s information systems, ranging from small process orientated systems to major strategic enterprise environments. ITMS supports the outcomes of university staff and students, by promoting an effective shared services culture and providing strategic ICT leadership capability to realise the vision and goals of CDU.
About the role
The Deputy Director ITMS (Delivery) ensures the reliable and efficient delivery of all production solutions and services to the University community. This includes core infrastructure, data centres, local and hosted enterprise solutions and client environments. This role includes the management and oversight of all operational services and supporting resources, processes and frameworks. This position provides critical feedback in the development of appropriate solutions to meet business needs and works closely as a part of the ITMS leadership team to develop operational outcomes to support organisational strategy.
- Manage end to end support activities for core ICT infrastructure including network, data centre and storage services.
- Manage the transition of new applications into BAU operations.
- Maintain and monitor IT operational performance
- Ensure the coordination of support services
- Monitor security, compliance and data protection
- Report on key financial metrics (forecasting and budgeting)
- Contribute to the strategic planning of information technology solutions in support of our IT vision.
- Lead continuous improvement and manage client demand in the delivery of solutions and business as usual services leveraging key ICT capabilities and skill sets and apply innovative thinking to process and service delivery.
- Proactively develop partnerships with all stakeholders to grow the reputation of ITMS as a trusted and valued business partner.
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic professional excited to develop and apply technology to enable dynamic educational, research and business environments. As a part of a leadership team comprising the CIO, Deputy Director Development and Programme Manager, your leadership and teamwork skills will be pivotal in delivering operational and strategic outcomes for the business.
You will quickly understand the strategic direction of the business and be able to encourage innovation whilst understanding the commercial implications of projects or proposals. Broad communication skills along with your ability to negotiate with influence will be critical to internal and external stakeholder management activities and your personal resilience and ability to solve complex problems will enable you to effectively operate in a high tempo and dynamic operational environment.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or demonstrated equivalent professional experience and training.
- Experience in IT systems management / operations and experience in business change impact assessment with a focus on user experience to provide the best in class solutions.
- Hands on project management experience with familiarity working within structured methodologies like Agile, PRINCE2, PMBoK.
- Demonstrable experience in managing medium sized teams
- Strong IT service management experience with best practice working knowledge of ITIL
- Experience in the analysis and redesign of business workflow processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Knowledge and experience in process improvement for complex technical architecture including but not limited to operating systems, data communications and network support.
What we will provide
- Great working environment as a valued leader
- Flexibility of a modern working environment
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Flexible work arrangements
For a confidential discussion, please contact Pat Gould, CIO & Director on 08 8946 7151 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 7 January 2019