Director, Student Life
- Salary Package: $177,724 to $185,575 p.a. plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
The Director, Student Life will work with the Executive Director Student Engagement and other Directors within the portfolio to develop and implement comprehensive, University-wide strategies that engage students through a range of programs, activities and services that promote a sense of belonging, retention and success. There will be a particular focus on supporting the implementation of our new Student Success Strategic Framework as well as providing support to a significant program of work already underway on Curriculum Transformation. The Director, Student Life will lead the teams that optimise student success at Macquarie University ensuring there is a culture focused on delivering innovation and service excellence which has the student experience its centre.
You are a strategic and transformational leader who can execute student success strategies and influence organisational and cultural change. You will have extensive knowledge and experience leading teams in the Australian higher education sector and will demonstrate high level communication, negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to build strong working relationships and engage a broad range of stakeholders. You will have demonstrated capacity to manage financial resources as well as experience leading complex projects across administration and systems functions.
The portfolio of the Executive Director, Student Engagement and Registrar is accountable for the delivery of the student experience across governance administration, wellbeing and engagement. Significant work has been undertaken to develop a Student Success framework which will refresh and invest in the MQ student experience to ensure we positively impact student potential and success.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter (maximum 3-4 pages) that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated transformational leadership that unites and engages people and creates a culture of higher performance and collaboration.
- Demonstrated experience working and collaborating within university structures to ensure the successful delivery of key milestones
- Proven ability to build and sustain effective relationships and influence multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Strong track record managing financial resources and people in a large department to deliver outcomes within a complex and changing environment
- Proven capacity to plan, implement, manage and deliver complex projects on time and to required scope and standard
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
For further information regarding this role, please view the position description below.
Role specific enquiries: Gail White, Executive Director, Student Engagement and Registrar on email@example.com
General recruitment enquiries: Marleen Baeten on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Thursday, 20 December 2018 at 5:00 pm AEDT
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.