Manager, Student Transitions and Employability
3 days left
- Full Time
- STUDENT LIFE
- JOONDALUP AND MOUNT LAWLEY CAMPUSES
- GENEROUS SALARY PLUS 17% SUPERANNUATION
- ONGOING, FULL-TIME
- OPEN TO AUSTRALIAN OR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENS OR AUSTRALIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS
The Student Life Directorate adopts a whole of institution, evidence-based approach to building a sense of belonging and ensure individual students’ needs are met holistically across the student lifecycle. These services will deliver a successful student experience that focuses on providing high quality services for retention, employability and personalised support for student success.
The Student Transitions and Employability team has a pivotal role in coordinating and implementing initiatives that engage students in their studies and university life and preparing them for employment. This team has responsibility for planning and implementing evidence based, and benchmarked activities including careers and employability preparation, and transitions activities. Collaboration across all University student service points is a major requirement, as is the implementation of a seamless student experience strategy alongside excellent customer service standards.
The Manager, Student Transitions and Employability is a strategic and predominantly outcomes-focused role, responsible for leading the design, evaluation and management of evidence-based innovative programs and services that address the orientation and transitions needs of students.
This position is also responsible for ensuring all students are provided with opportunities to maximise their career and employment outcomes, through engagement with ECU Schools and industry. The incumbent will be committed to working in partnership with key stakeholders both internal and external to the University to develop programs that enhance learning outcomes and student employability.
In order to be successful in this position candidate must possess the following:
- Previous experience working within the Higher Education sector.
- Postgraduate tertiary qualification and extensive relevant experience in student transition and careers and employability programs
- Experience in transition activities such as orientation and the development of on-line offerings as well as experience in industry engagement initiatives such as work integrated learning and volunteering programs.
- Experience in a leadership role with evidence of leading university-wide transition and careers and employability-focused programs.
- Experience in determining the meaning, visibility and reliability of research, its relevance and how it can be used to make informed decisions in developing initiatives to enhance student engagement and employment.
- Recent experience in analysing data and reviewing best practice in higher education to develop, implement and evaluate programs aimed at supporting and transitioning students throughout their studies and maximising student employment outcomes
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time ongoing position attracts a generous remuneration (negotiable) plus 17% University superannuation contribution. A generous relocation package is available for the successful candidate, if appropriate.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to Rose Voce at Briscoe Search and Consulting on 0434 272 272 for more information.
How to Apply
Please send your application quoting Job Number: 11647131 to email@example.com
Applications close on Friday 21 December 2018 at 5:30 pm (AWST).
PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE THIS IS AN ONGOING POSITION, APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO ARE EITHER AUSTRALIAN OR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENS OR AUSTRALIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.