Postdoctoral Fellow in Nuclear Engineering
Organization Name Nuclear Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution,seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high-quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- The Reactor Design and Analysis Group at Khalifa University is searching to hire a post-doctoral Research Associate (RA) to participate in a project conducting a safety analysis of design basis accident and design extension condition against experimental data from OECD-ATLAS project. This project is taking a thermal hydraulic analysis and a computational approach via lump code such as RELAP5/TRACE and CFD code such as STAR-CCM+. It is preferred that the candidate should have a background or interest in generating an input of safety analysis code and developing safety analysis code by implementing new models with the V&V procedure.
- This is a three-year appointment at Khalifa University, Abu Dhabi Campus, in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The position is within the area of Thermal-hydraulics, Safety analysis, System design of Nuclear Power plant. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Abu Dhabi for the duration of the appointment, starting as soon as possible. Competitive salary + benefits are available.
- Work within a multi-university, multi-campus collaboration to investigate thermo-hydraulic phenomena through OECD-ATLAS project
- Generate transient input deck for RELAP5 and TRACE for relevant topics in ATLAS project.
- Revise and upgrade input deck for APR1400-KU
- Simulate local phenomena in ATLAS test facility via STAR-CCM+
- Produce training materials for SNAP, RELAP5, TRACE, and STAR-CCM+
- Work closely with and contribute to the training of graduate students working with the project
- Ph.D. in nuclear physics, nuclear engineering or in a related field
- High motivation and a solid desire to actively participate in experiments as well as to propose and undertake initiatives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; effective interpersonal skills to work effectively within a scientifically diverse team
- Ability to successfully report and publish research results
- The successful candidate must possess computational skill and experience, to support thermo-hydraulic investigation of nuclear power plant system, in at least one of the following areas:
- Safety analysis with Lump codes, such as: MARS/RELAP5/TRACE/MELCOR/SNAP
- Safety analysis with Computational Fluidic Dynamics, such as: STAR-CCM+/Fluent/HPC software (Linux, xCAT, etc)
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Fixed Term General Engineering Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Fixed Term Physics & Astronomy Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates