Research Engineer in Chemical Engineering
Organization Name Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution,seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- The primary purpose of the role is to develop novel materials for sustainable energy applications, namely as adsorbents for CO2 capture from flue gas and as battery cathodes for electrical energy storage. The work will involve experimental design, material synthesis, characterization, testing and optimization.
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the Principal investigator.
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Principal Investigator and other co-workers in the project, the research team and the funding agency.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Support the Principal Investigator and research group in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisor, the Department or the University.
- Generate new ideas and links and builds upon existing ideas to propose unique concepts and solutions
- The candidate will provide training to new comers in material synthesis, characterization and testing.
- MSc in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or related areas.
- Proven expertise in the area of material synthesis, characterization and data analysis.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)
Apply for Research Engineer in Chemical Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly