Postdoctoral Fellow in Large Scale Industrial Automation Applications
Organization Name ARIC
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution,seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- The purpose of the Post-Doctoral Research Fellow appointment is to work on a research and development project focused on large scale industrial automation applications involving manufacturing, assembly, and human-robot collaboration.
- The Post-Doctoral Research Fellow will provide support and undertake internationally competitive research and development on industrially relevant problems, aiming to provide innovative solutions, intellectual property and high quality peer reviewed publications, thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Participates in scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team, participates in problem exploration and definition, planning of the approach and sequence of steps, execution of experiments and studies, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance to all established policies and procedures;
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team as required;
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Post-Doctoral Research Fellow will strive to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the Supervisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the Supervisor and project PI.
- Publishes research results in high quality journals appropriate to the field in a timely manner;
- Regularly meets with the project Supervisor to apprise the Supervisor of the research results, for the development and troubleshooting of techniques, to provide direction and focus to the research, and to express mutual expectations;
- Undertakes a limited amount of supervision and training in relation to subject area that includes mentoring graduate students and/or undergraduates under the guidance of the Supervisor and project PI;
- No previous postdoctoral experience required.
- In-depth experience with mechatronics, system integration, programming, modeling and control of robots.
- In-depth experience with physical platforms, sensing, programming using Matlab, C++, Python, ROS, etc. Excellent writing and communication skills, strong publication records.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow in Large Scale Industrial Automation Applications
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates