Postdoctoral Fellow in Computer Science
Organization Name Computer Science
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution,seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To develop a novel type of tactile sensor based on Electrical Impedance Tomography.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Modelling of Electrical Impedance Tomography Forward problems using Finite Element methods
- Development and simulation of computationally efficient solutions for the Inverse problem in Electrical Impedance Tomography
- Development and simulation of an isotropic inversion tools and ensemble inference methods
- Development and simulation of dimensionality reduction techniques
- Develop software to support the development of the project.
- Support in the supervision of Masters and Doctoral students.
- Prepare project reports, scientific papers and technical presentations on the results of the research.
- PhD degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering with focus on Inverse problems or Electrical Impedance Tomography.
- The candidate should have demonstrable experience in software design.
- Experience with MATLAB is required, and preferably with the EIDORS toolbox
- The successful applicant should be strongly motivated, have the capability to work independently as well as in collaboration with members of the research team.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills are required.
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow in Computer Science
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates