Salary: $14 - $19.24
Department name: 10002954-SOM Onc Oncology Center Support Services
Work Schedule/Hours: Monday-Friday/8:30-5:00pm/40 hours
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The Department of Oncology is seeking a full time Research Technologist. This is a position is in the Department of Oncology Analytical Pharmacology Core Laboratory (APC) with the main focus is to determine the concentration of drugs and their metabolites in blood and tissue from clinical or preclinical experiments. This position will be filled by a person who will be responsible for running analytical methods for drug analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The person in this position will work under supervision performing the following primary duties and responsibilities of the job:
- Operates basic laboratory equipment such as centrifuge, pH meter, analytical balance, incubator, scintillation counter and/or utilizes laminar flow hood.
- Operates lab computers for data entry.
- Prepare all reagents necessary for experiments and use proper sterile techniques to avoid contamination.
- Use various techniques for sample preparation such as protein precipitation, liquid liquid extraction and SPE.
- Operate the UPLC/MS/MS to complete sample analysis for small molecules in various matrices and species (human, mouse, rabbit, plasma and tissue). Once analytical run is complete, analyze data and export results into excel file.
- Complies with biohazard/radiation safety standards through proper handling of potentially hazardous chemical and biological agents and/or radiation sources in the workplace.
- Completes annual university biohazard/universal precaution/radiation safety training, as appropriate.
- Uses universal safety precautions to protect self and co-workers from biohazardous materials, including blood-borne pathogens.
- Monitors inventory levels, orders materials and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures, counts orders upon receipt.
- Complies with the appropriate technical quality controls of all clinical pharmacology test results within the Cancer Center.
- Documents all work performed in accordance with laboratory SOPs.
- Follows FDA/GLP guidelines to sample validation and analysis.
- Assist with incoming studies samples to ensure samples submitted are labeled correctly and they are all accounted for. Put sample information into database to track and store samples at proper conditions.
Bachelor's degree in chemistry or related field required. Work or school laboratory experience with HPLC, mass spectrometry, wet chemistry and sample preparation is desired, but not required.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: