2 days left
- Part Time
- This role will significantly contribute to the discipline of Psychology, with a focus on contemporary methods of learning and teaching including simulated practicum activities and skills training.
- You would supervise HDR, Honours and Masters students in the discipline of Psychology, including supervision of post-graduate students on placement.
- This is a Part-time, (0.8 FTE) Continuing role
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Lecturer will be expected to contribute to the academic and administrative activities of the national School of Behavioural and Health Sciences, providing excellence in teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In particular, the Lecturer in Psychology will make a significant contribution to the Master of Professional Psychology (MPP) at the Melbourne campus, with a specific focus on contemporary methods of learning and teaching including simulated learning. The successful applicant will also make a major contribution to the training and supervision of students in both the fourth year and postgraduate psychology programs.
- Significantly contribute to the discipline of Psychology, with a focus on contemporary methods of learning and teaching including simulated practicum activities and skills training.
- Support leadership in achieving the strategic intent of the University and implementing the strategic initiatives at a Faculty and School level.
- Undertake Lecturer-in-Charge roles (for specific unit/s of study) in postgraduate programs (and undergraduate where necessary);
- Contribute to the development, review, improvement and implementation of course curriculum as appropriate.
You will need to demonstrate:
- PhD in Psychology or related discipline.
- Professional recognition as demonstrated by the following:
- Full registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Full membership (or eligibility) with the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Approved as a Supervisor with The Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA)
- Registered with AHPRA for area of practice endorsement in Clinical Psychology (desirable, not essential).
- Demonstrated effectiveness in student-centred teaching at postgraduate level psychology.
- Experience in the provision of clinical supervision to post-graduate psychology students.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description (HR to add). Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $116,455 - $137,495 pa (pro-rata), including salary component $98,407 - $116,186 pa (Academic Classification Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Dr Tom Whelan, Deputy Head, School of Behavioural and Health Sciences VIC/Melb on +613 9953 3127
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
CLOSING DATE: 19 December 2018