Associate/Full Professor in Biopharmaceutics/Pharmacokinetics
Department Name College of Pharmacy - Pharmaceutical Sciences Department
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. The College of Pharmacy is the first and only pharmacy degree program in the State of Qatar. The College offers 5-years BSc (Pharmacy), Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) and 2-years MSc (Pharm) degree programs. In September 2018, the QU Health Cluster will be launching a joint PhD program. Our program is the first international program to be accredited by the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP) and partners with local and international education and health care institutions to support its academic and research mandates. As a lead College and the first of its kind in this country, we are undergoing constant change as we strive to achieve excellence while meeting our mandate, to provide its graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to become competent pharmacists, to meet the health care needs of this society. The vision of the College is to be the leading pharmacy college in the Middle East region, The College of Pharmacy, Qatar University invites applications for a full time faculty position at the Associate/Full Professor level beginning January, 2019. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will teach and coordinate courses includes but not limited to Biopharmaceutics, Pharmacokinetics, Research Methodology,Research Seminars,selected and advanced topics in Pharmaceutical Sciences in both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- The successful candidate will also be asked to serve on diverse committees and to work with the Drug Quality Unit advisory committee, to develop the unit and its implementation in the new College of Pharmacy building and other assigned tasks and initiatives asked by the Department Head.
- The successful candidate will establish an active independent research program that incorporates undergraduate and graduate research training and complements the existing research strengths of the College of Pharmacy, Qatar University.
- Minimum requirements include a PhD degree and an appropriate research background in Biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics. Candidates with a professional degree in pharmacy and demonstrated excellence in teaching and research are preferred.
- The candidate should have a solid experience in supervising and teaching Msc and Ph.D students.
- The candidate must have a strong research record commensurate with the rank sought as evidenced by publication in reputable peer-reviewed international journals and grant record.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of interest.
- A record of teaching excellence (or teaching philosophy).
- Three papers that best exemplify their research interests.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
Applicants should apply online via the Qatar University Jobs website (www.qu.edu.qa).
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisment 31-Dec-2018