Dean, School of Engineering and Technology
- Fixed-Term (5 years), Full-Time
- Tertiary Education Division
- Central Queensland – Rockhampton Preferred
- Attractive Remuneration Package (Circa $240,000 p.a. Plus Super and Other Enticing Benefits)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
With a genuine focus on diversity and boasting one of the largest and fastest growing footprints in Australia, we’re one of the only dual-sector universities offering extensive prospects in teaching. Ranked in the world’s top 2%* , CQUniversity is also Australia’s first and only Changemaker Campus recognised by global social innovation group, Ashoka U.
Our School of Engineering and Technology has a reputation for high graduate outcomes^ and services communities in regional and metropolitan areas. Our engaging and innovative courses are designed in collaboration with business and industry, and focus on delivering up-to-date, real-world skills that are applicable in a diverse range of industries.
To be successful in this role, you will be a dynamic, passionate academic leader who can promote and drive excellence and a culture of achievement. You will adopt a creative and innovative approach to strategic planning, capacity-building, quality research outcomes and quality learning and teaching delivery, as well as lead initiatives that enhance CQUniversity’s reputation for engagement. You will also be focused on engaged and innovative domestic and international education delivery to benefit students, industry and communities across the CQUniversity footprint.
You will bring to the position:
- A proven track record of delivering quality learning and teaching outcomes, developing and monitoring research performance, building strategic networks and partnerships and managing human resources.
- Enterprise-development skills and a strong business acumen to ensure continued success and growth for the School.
- Educational qualifications and academic standing appropriate for a professorial academic appointment with a record of high quality academic, research and scholarship relevant to the School’s operations.
- Appointment at this level will require a doctoral qualification and recognised significant experience and standing in your academic field.
Apply today for a career that changes lives. www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 27 January 2019.