Karolinska Institutet, Department of LIME
Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics (LIME) works within some of the key areas important to fulfilling the motto of Karolinska Institutet ´to improve human health´. We focus on research, development and education in the following areas: medical and healthcare education, informatics, management, ethics, and suicide prevention. LIME has about 150 employees and is located in new premises in Solna Campus. ki.se/lime
The research group for Intervention processes and outcomes (PROCOME) focuses on research on effects and implementation of innovative improvement programs in different type of organizations, with specific focus on health and social care.
The role as project manager means you will be responsible for planning, coordinating and conducting a large-scale and complex data collection in a project investigating the psychosocial work environment, incivility, disrespectful behavior and rudeness within organizations in retail (40 000 employees). The main duties are to manage the research team, keep the funding body updated on progress continuously and be in charge of the overall administration and execution of the project. You will be a driving force in performing quantitative and qualitative data analyses and in compiling both scientific and popular scientific papers. Further, you will also be a member in the project advisory board throughout the entire project.
The following qualifications are necessary for the position:
- Fuency in Swedish and English, both spoken and in writing.
- A PhD in medical sciences and Associate professorship in public health.
- At least 10 years of experience working with intelligent, web-based questionnaires within areas such as indicators of the psychosocial work environment, coping, signs of long-term stress, personality, health-related variables, lifestyle etc.
- Experience as project manager for at least 2 large-scale research/intervention studies.
The following qualifications are considered as meritorious:
- Profound domain knowledge when it comes to compiling extensive, intelligent web-based questionnaires for research projects.
- Profound experience with similar research projects that involve large-scale data collections/interventions.
- Excellent leader, planning and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently but also in a team as well as well-organized and proactive.
The application is to be submitted in Varbi recruitment system.
At Karolinska Institutet a 6-month trial period is required for all permanent appointments.
Karolinska Institutet is one of the world’s leading medical universities. Its vision is to significantly contribute to the improvement of human health. Karolinska Institutet accounts for the single largest share of all academic medical research conducted in Sweden and offers the country’s broadest range of education in medicine and health sciences. The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet selects the Nobel laureates in Physiology or Medicine.
Pursuant to the regulations of the Swedish National Archives, applications are kept on file for two years after the appointment has gained legal force. The regulations do not apply to attachments that have been printed or otherwise published.
Karolinska Institutet strives to provide a workplace that has approximately the same number of women and men, is free of discrimination and offers equal opportunity to everyone.
For temp agencies and recruiters, and to salespersons: We politely, yet firmly, decline direct contact with temp agencies and recruiters, as well as those selling additional job announcements.
Type of employment Temporary position longer than 6 months
Contract type Part-time
First day of employment As soon as possible
Salary Monthly salary
Number of positions 1
Working hours 25 %
County Stockholms län
Reference number 2-6805/2018
Contact Ulrica von Thiele Schwarz, forskargruppsledare, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Biborka Bereczky Veress, SACO, 070-173 85 75, email@example.com
- Henry Wölling, SEKO, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marcus Ivan Stjernström, OFR, 08-524 866 63, email@example.com
Last application date 13.Dec.2018 11:59 PM CET