Research Associate in Biomedical Engineering
Organization Name Biomedical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To do research works in the area of biosignal and medical image processing for cardiovascular diseases in the UAE with a funded research center HEIC. The human movement and electrophysiology lab at Khalifa University and external clinical collaborators to perform the specific scientific procedures that allows Biomedical Engineering Faculty members, students and external clinical collaborators to perform research experiments and analyze the collected data for the funded projects.
- Finalize the Ethics/IRB applications for approval for collecting human subjects.
- Attend hospitals/Clinics for collecting experimental data.
- Reconfiguring the wearable sensors to be able to capture heart rate, accelerometer and temperature data.
- Developing interface app of the mobile phone to capture Biomedical signals
- Processing and Validation of cardiac MRI images with CVD clinical symptoms
- Participates in scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team, participates in problem exploration, and definition, planning of the approach and sequence of steps, execution of experiments or studies, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance to all established policies and procedures;
- Regularly meets with the Advisor to apprise the Advisor of the research results, for the development and troubleshooting of techniques, to provide direction and focus to the research, to air concerns and conflicts, and to express mutual expectations;
- Assist PIs to publish research results in high impact journals appropriate to the field in a timely manner, may present findings at meetings;
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team as required;
- Mentors graduate students and/or undergraduates under the supervision of the Advisor;
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the Advisor.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Electrical/Biomedical Engineering, or a related field from an accredited institution, preferably, from pre-eminent institutions of higher education.
- Preferred in the area of signal & image processing with machine learning modelling
- Very good knowledge in English language both spoken and written. (Arabic is advantage).
- Must possess required computer programming knowledge such as MATLAB/C++ and abilities required to perform the job effectively.
- Must possess required knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job effectively.
- Functional/ Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Planning & Organizing
- Presentation skills
- Must possess required behavioral skills required to perform the job effectively.
- Interpersonal savvy
- Motivating others
- Ethics and Integrity
- Cross-Cultural Sensitivity
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement