Professor for Tourism Economy and Digital Transformation
The European Campus Rottal-Inn in Bavaria provides an exceptional and dynamic environment for dedicated global academics to teach and research. Currently, we are looking for a:
for Tourism Economy and Digital Transformation
The European Campus belongs to the Deggendorf Institute of Technology, a multi award-winning University of Applied Sciences. It is set in the picturesque and charming town of Pfarrkirchen in Bavaria, Southern Germany. The campus provides exclusively English-based degree programmes, creating an atmosphere on campus that is international and multicultural. All employees are supplied with attractive and flexible working conditions. If you are a committed expert in your field, join our innovative and vibrant community.
- You are required to have a degree in Economics, IT or Media Sciences with broad skills in Business Administration and Digital Business.
- Extensive expertise in the tourism industry, Economics in the context of tourism, E-tourism, Digital Media, Digital Transformation or Digitization in Tourism and a high affinity for numerical and technical challenges are essential.
- You are required to constructively interact with students and colleagues, enriching the campus through research and teaching activities to potentially inspire a broad spectrum of people. Expertise in the required field should be documented, among other things, in scientific publications. National and international industrial experience, coupled with a highly motivated desire to share this experience, complete the ideal profile.
- As the successful candidate, you will be expected to participate in the further development of existing study programmes as well as in the establishment of new degree courses. For these challenges, a tourism lab, for example, supports the creation of therapeutic landscapes and emotional branding research and thereby contributes to the touristic profile of the campus.
- Due to the international orientation of the campus, you will be expected to hold all lectures exclusively in English.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- A university degree and an aptitude for scientific work, usually proven by a PhD qualification
- Pedagogic skills
- Outstanding accomplishments in the implementation or development of research results during a minimum of five years professional experience. This must have been acquired after graduation with at least three of the five years outside the higher education sector. In some cases, proof of non-academic professional work may be acceptable when a significant part of this work involved the cooperation between the higher education sector and a non- academic body over a minimum of five years.
The Deggendorf Institute of Technology is a young, modern, and excellently equipped university of applied sciences founded in 1994. International professors, support staff, and students create a multicultural flair on the university's two campuses: the main campus in Deggendorf and the European Campus Rottal-Inn. In total, 20% of our 7,000 students are international students. 186 partner universities around the world provide students with foreign exchange semesters, internships, and double degree studies abroad. The university strives for academic excellence and is committed to producing multilingual graduates equipped with full-accredited and internationally relevant bachelor and master degrees. Our graduates feel comfortable on the global stage and many of our 11,000 alumni have international careers.
The European Campus is situated in the picturesque and charming town of Pfarrkirchen in the Rott Valley in Bavaria, Southern Germany. Pfarrkirchen has a vast range of appealing leisure activities, excellent schools and a good public transport network. It is nestled amongst rolling hills and rivers near the Austrian and Czech borders, close to Salzburg, Munich and Passau. Munich international airport is a 1hr drive.
The workplace is located directly on campus. Some work at the main campus in Deggendorf may be required.
The position is suitable for individuals with disabilities. Applicants with severe disabilities but with equal qualifications, aptitudes and professional achievements as able-bodied applicants are preferred.
The Deggendorf Institute of Technology aims to increase the proportion of female academic staff.
The salary is in accordance with the Bavarian salary law as W2 professorship. In addition, the university offers individual research and educational bonuses and performance remuneration (so-called "Leistungsbezüge") for further achievements.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately. The application deadline is 14/12/2018.
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae;
- List of publications
- Letters of reference
- Names and contact information of three references (from the scientific or industrial community)