Research Fellow in Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Full-time, fixed term contract for 12 months
- Located at the Alfred Clinical School
- $92,248 - $109,258 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the position
The Research Fellow will be responsible for overseeing program activities, liaising with CRE investigators and clinical partners across Australia, supervision of research assistants, data collection and data management. The Research Fellow will also undertake preparation of ethics submissions, assist with analysis of data and assist in preparing manuscripts for publication.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent qualifications or research experience.
- A record of publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of strong research potential.
- Sound analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing.
Experience in knowledge translation and/or consumer engagement in research is desirable.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 13 January 2019 by 11.55 pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Anne Holland, +61 3 9479 6744, email@example.com
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant, +61 3 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.