Research Associate in Computer Science/Electronic Engineering
7 days left
- Full Time
School of Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Engineering Maths
Contract type Fixed Term Contract
Working pattern Full time
Salary £32,548 - £36,613 per annum
Closing date for applications 17-Dec-2018
This project is funded by a charity to apply machine learning and deep learning techniques for the analysis of movements in Parkinson’s patients. The position is available for 13 months and will involve collaboration with medical colleagues at a nearby hospital who will provide access to patients to allow the candidate to commence the task by capturing the relevant data.
The research and software development will involve feature detection and tracking, deep learning techniques, statistical modelling and analysis, the use of one or more RGB-D cameras, comparative evaluation, and many other relevant topics.
The candidate should
- hold (or be currently in the completion stages of) a PhD degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering or a related discipline, in a field related (but not limited) to computer vision, machine learning, statistics or applied mathematics
- should ideally also have experience in any one or more of the following: human tracking; multi-camera analysis; action and event recognition; object detection and recognition; facial movement analysis
- have excellent C/C++/Matlab/Python programming and systems integration skills
- have a good publication record in computer vision and/or machine learning
- be able to conduct research independently
- possess excellent speaking and writing skills in English
- be comfortable in dealing with patients, medical practitioners and others as the job may require.
There is no formal closing date. Applications will be reviewed when submitted and the recruitment process will continue until the position is filled. The appointment should start as soon as possible after Sept 21st, 2018.
For further details and application please contact:
Prof. Majid Mirmehdi - Email: email@example.com
We appreciate and value difference, seeking to attract, develop and retain a diverse mix of talented people that will contribute to the overall success of Bristol and help maintain our position as one of the world’s leading universities.