Academic Support Officer
- Provide academic support to the Faculty of Business & Law
- HEW 5, $67,163 - $73,702 + 17% Super
- Fixed Term & Ongoing opportunities, Hawthorn Campus
About the job
Swinburne’s Faculty of Business & Law are now seeking to fill 2 x Academic Support Officer roles with opportunities for both fixed term and ongoing.
The Academic Support Services Officer will work under the general direction of the Manager, Academic Support Services to provide a wide range of professional services to support the Department Chairs and the Faculty’s academic staff. The incumbent will also facilitate compliance with University and Faculty processes and assist in streamlining processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
The position will provide a level of executive and secretariat support to Academic Department Chairs and assist with academic staff compliance to HR processes (compliance training, PDR processes, leave tracking). They will have responsibility for a wide range of operational areas to support the requirements of the Faculty and Schools. In particular, the position will play a key role in the administrative requirements of workload data collection, entry and advice to the Department Chair on any identified issues, and sessional staff engagement and administration. The position will provide back up support to the EA to the Executive DeanFaculty Pro-Vice Chancellor or Dean during peak periods or absence.
Swinburne is a progressive university that aims to increase Australia’s capacity in science, technology and innovation as the drivers of modern, internationalised economies and workplaces. Our university is focused on high-impact global research, high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community.
About the department/faculty/organisational unit
The Faculty of Business and Law is committed to delivering excellent education courses, quality research with impact and engagement activities with deep industry connections. Entrepreneurship, innovation and social impact underpin all of our activities and infuse our undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
The faculty comprises two schools and two research centres:
- Swinburne Business School
- Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- Department of Business Technology and Entrepreneurship
- Department of Management and Marketing
- Swinburne Law School
- Centre for Social Impact Swinburne
- Centre for Transformative Innovation
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Completion of a degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or completion of an associate diploma and at least 2 years subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated high level of confidential administrative support to senior management
- Demonstrated high level of organisational and time management skills and the ability to manage competing and conflicting deadlines
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
- Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
- Paid parental leave for primary caregivers and secondary caregiver
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
- Onsite health services
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. There's news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
Further information and how to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2018 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To view the position description or to start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact full name Ashley Carden on +61 03 9214 8050 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 5 pm, Tuesday 18th December 2018