Senior Web Developer
- Bring your Web Development expertise to our dynamic Development Services team
- HEW 7, $85,461 - $92,156 + 17% Super
- Full-time, Ongoing, Hawthorn Campus
About the job
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join the Development Services team in the Information Technology department as a Senior Web Developer.
The Senior Web Developer will be required to develop and maintain user-centred web applications and Web Content Management components and templates. The role will also assist with 2nd and 3rd level support through vendor liaison or programming solutions. As a senior member of the Development Services team the position holder is expected to provide guidance and mentoring on technical solutions for less experienced developers.
This dynamic role is required to establish strong partnerships with stakeholders and colleagues to develop and implement significant improvements for Student Administration, Marketing, Teaching, Research and Corporate functions.
Furtherer, the role will ensure strong working relationships with other parts of the organisation to ensure effective and complete support of systems.
Swinburne is a progressive university that aims to increase Australia’s capacity in science, technology and innovation as the drivers of modern, internationalised economies and workplaces. Our university is focused on high-impact global research, high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Extensive technical experience designing, building and testing web solutions:
- programming secure object-oriented and database-driven software applications using PHP
- A strong customer service orientation with a focus on results and quality of service as part of a web development, digital or IT team
- Demonstrated ability communicating concepts and information succinctly and clearly to all levels of an organisation, including writing technical documentation and end-user documentation.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
- Onsite health services
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans - It can help you get the most value from what you earn
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. There's news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
Further information and how to apply
To start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit the following:
- Responses to key selection criteria (as listed in the position description)
- Completed Skills Matrix (refer to attached Skills Matrix form)
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Ramiro Rosales (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at: 5 pm, Friday 28th December 2018