Lecturer, Games Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality
SAE is seeking expressions of interest for experienced lecturers or industry professionals with demonstrable experience in the implementation of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality hardware and software. As part of our exciting faculty team, you will deliver classes and workshops, engage in assessment and marking processes, and deliver associated student support and administration tasks.
We are seeking practice focused educators and industry professionals who would like to deliver our Diploma of Augmented and Virtual Reality. The Diploma of Augmented and Virtual Reality is an entry-level, skills-focused program focused on equipping students with the technical skills and knowledge needed to produce immersive interactive experiences with VR and AR hardware and software. The program incorporates technical and design components that will enable students to apply their learnings across a diverse range of industries such as health, tourism, defence, and entertainment. The role is a hands-on technology role with a virtual reality and augmented reality focus.
Key areas of content in this Diploma include:
- Augmented reality (AR) technology use
- Virtual reality (VR) technology use
- Mixed reality (MR) technology use
- Haptic technologies
- Human-computer interaction (HCI)
- Rapid prototyping
- Creative problem solving
- Critical reflection
- Working under supervision in a paraprofessional role
- Introductory design and critical reflection processes
- Technical pipelines and workflow
- Introductory project management
- Development of transferable skills
Our teaching positions
SAE’s faculty are tasked with providing a world-class learning experience to students. They facilitate high-quality student outcomes in line with the Institute’s module learning outcomes and graduate attributes. These responsibilities correlate to three core areas;
- Quality of Learning & Teaching – The effective delivery of modules within SAE Programs;
- Pastoral Care – Engagement of students;
- Collegial Practice – Building capacity within the organisation via active participation with peers and colleagues.
Essential Skills & Experience
- At least five years’ professional, demonstrable experience in a related field (SAE can support industry professionals with the transition to teaching if necessary), and, or hold an AQF Level 8, or higher, in a related discipline;
- Experience with App Development
- Experience with Simulation Environments
- Demonstrable experience in VR and AR design with some experience in Programming
- Experience working with one of the game engines namely Unity or Unreal Engine with a portfolio of work;
- You will be required to provide examples of evidence to support depth and breadth of professional experience, such as evidence of professional output in a related discipline;
- Significant industry experience in one or more SAE discipline areas;
- A commitment to the success of students
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Excellent scholarly expertise and/or industry expertise;
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of the campus;
- Proficient in the use of industry specific software / hardware and processes;
- Excellent understanding of transferable skills;
- Cultural awareness;
- Interdisciplinary skills, to work with other disciplines in SAE primarily Animation and Design.
What we can do for you:
- First class modern facilities
- Career progression and development pathways
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Mobility within the organisation and locations
- Health & Wellbeing packages which includes free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
Who we are
SAE is the world's leading educator in creative media industries. Established in 1976 we have 53 campuses in 27 countries offering certificates, diplomas and degrees. Our students get practical, hands-on training with experienced and dedicated teachers in world-class facilities. At SAE we aim to unleash the potential of our students so they are industry-ready and eager to launch their career in Animation, Audio, Design, Film, Games, Web & Mobile.
SAE Australia has campuses located in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Byron Bay
SAE promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients. We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and to undergo a criminal records check & working with children check.
Please attach a cover letter addressing the above criteria and a CV, complete with three referees. Please indicate your preferred campus location to firstname.lastname@example.org