Senior Project Manager
Division/School IT Projects
Contract type Open Ended
Working pattern Full time
Salary £51,630-£58,089 per annum
Closing date for applications 12-Dec-2018
The University of Bristol IT Services Division is expanding its Projects team to provide additional project management support for current and emerging projects within IT.
We are looking for an experienced project manager to join the team. The successful candidate will become part of the Infrastructure Modernisation Programme management team, working with the Head of Projects in IT Services, and the Infrastructure Modernisation Programme Manager to manage the operational delivery of the Data Centre Project and will provide operational guidance on delivering the projects within the Programme.
The Infrastructure Modernisation Programme is an overarching programme that aims to provide the foundations for a modern data centre infrastructure, using a co-location facility and Azure cloud services to provide fully resilient systems and services, built upon the ability to provide high levels of business continuity. It will also encompass the removal of legacy systems and the transition of services to the new location and infrastructure.
The role will work with the project managers within the Infrastructure Modernisation Programme to support the delivery of all the projects within the Programme within agreed limits for time, cost and quality identifying opportunities for effective resource management, highlighting dependencies within the projects and ensuring change and engagement activities are suitable and appropriate for the programme.
This role will attend both the monthly steering group and monthly board meetings as well as operational meetings as appropriate.
You will work with the university’s IT Projects team and Governance and Risk department to ensure compliance with agreed project methodologies and standards
We are looking for someone who has the following knowledge and experience;
- Experience of working in a Programme environment
- Proven general project background through a range of successful delivery of projects
- Significant knowledge of project and programme management methods, and system development methodologies
- Extensive experience of managing projects on high value, high profile and auditable projects
- Significant experience of managing data centre migration projects and programmes.
- Excellent organisational skills for managing a high workload consisting of many different strands
- Proven ability to solve complex problems
- Significant experience of project management, process review, systems development and project management
It is expected that interviews will be held week commencing 10th December 2018.
For informal enquiries please contact Verity Saunders (Verity.Saunders@ bristol.ac.uk).
Interviews for this role will take place during week beginning 17th December 2018
We appreciate and value difference, seeking to attract, develop and retain a diverse mix of talented people that will contribute to the overall success of Bristol and help maintain our position as one of the world’s leading universities.