Associate Professor in Food Engineering
About the position
Department of Biological Sciences Ålesund have a vacansy for a 100% permanent teaching and research position for an associate professor in food engineering.
The position reports to Head of Department.
- Teaching and supervision primarily within bachelor programs on topic related to processing of marine resources and process technology
- Research within the departments strategic area on marine sciences
- Initiate research projects and lead application processes
- Administrative tasks
- Supervision of bachelor- , master- and PhD students
- The employee could also be awarded other teaching assignments within the department
The position of Associate Professor requires university education in food engineering or equivalent, and academic competence in marine resources at least at doctoral level.
Knowledge within sustainable use of marine resources, particularly;
- Processing of marine resources
- Processing technology
- Marine ingredients
- Quality assessment/ assurance and certification
- Innovation and development
The ability to initiate and lead research and development work will be emphasized. Strong emphasis will be placed on publication of research results in recognized international journals within his or her subject area. The greatest emphasis is placed on academic work during the past five years.
Basic qualifications in the discipline of education are required. Anyone who is appointed without having formal basic qualifications in the discipline of education (formerly referred to as practical qualifications in teaching at university level) and who is unable to document equivalent qualifications is required to complete an approved course within two years of appointment. Uniped at NTNU offers qualifying courses.
Pedagogical skills and qualifications will be emphasized. The evaluation will be based on documented material related to teaching, forms of presentation for the academic works, experience in teaching, supervision of doctoral and master’s degree subjects as well as other types of pedagogical background. Applicants with teaching experience at university level will be preferred. Quality and breadth will be evaluated.
Employees who do not have formal qualifications in teaching at university level and who cannot provide documentation of equivalent qualifications must complete an approved pedagogical development programme within two years of appointment.
The person appointed must comply with the decisions about changes due to developments in the subject area, and the organizational changes that may result from decisions regarding the university's activities.
The person appointed should speak a Scandinavian language. Teaching at bachelor level conducted primarily in Norwegian. It is a prerequisite that within three years of appointment new employees who do not speak a Scandinavian language can demonstrate skills in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language equivalent to level three in the course in Norwegian for speakers of other languages at the Department of Language and Literature at NTNU.
Please see the Regulations concerning appointment and promotion to teaching and research posts for general criteria for the position.
- Good collaboration skills and ability to work interdisciplinary
- Good dissemination skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability and interest in development and restructuring
- Ability to initiate and lead research and teaching, and supervision of bachelor-, master- and PhD students
- Personal suitability and practical teaching skills
In the assessment of the best qualified applicant, education, experience and personal suitability will be emphasized, as well as motivation for the position.
- exciting and stimulating tasks in a strong international academic environment
- an open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues
- favourable terms in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- employee benefits
Salary and conditions
The position as Associate Professor is remunerated according to the Norwegian State salary scale. From the salary, 2 % is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Appointment takes place on the terms that apply to State employees at any time, and after the appointment you must assume that there may be changes in the area of work.
The person appointed must live in a location enabling him/her to be present at and available to the institution.
About the application
The application and description of the academic works to be used as the basis for the assessment must be in English.
The application must include:
- CV, certificates and diplomas including list of publications with bibliographical references
- Academic works - published or unpublished - that you would like to be considered in the assessment (up to 10 works)
- Name and address of three potential references
- Research plan
- Description of teaching qualifications based on a list of factors ("Documentation of applicant’s teaching qualifications in connection with appointment to an academic position at NTNU")
- Details of projects for which you have been project manager, with information about funding, duration and size
- Joint works will be considered. If it is difficult to identify your contribution to joint works, you must attach a brief description of your participation.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. NTNU wishes to increase the proportion of women in its academic positions, and women are therefore encouraged to apply.
Under the Freedom of Information Act (offentleglova), information about the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to have their name entered on the list of applicants.
Questions about the position can be directed to Head of Department Tove Havnegjerde firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 70161317/95082053. Program Coordinator for Bachelor of Biomarin Innovation Birgitte Paulsen Torset, email@example.com, phone 70161330
Submit your application with your CV, diplomas and certificates via jobbnorge.no. Applicants invited for interview must bring certified copies of certificates and diplomas. Mark the application with reference number: NV-120/18.
Deadline for applications: 31.12.2018
NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Department of Biological Sciences Ålesund
We work with health and sustainable exploitation of marine resources, as well as medical and marine laboratory technology. The Department has close ties with regional business and industry in the health and marine sectors. This applies to research, education and innovation. The Department of Biological Sciences Ålesund is one of eight departments in the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Place of service Ålesund
More searches like this
- Permanent Agriculture, Food & Forestry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Norway
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Norway
- Permanent Life sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Norway
- Permanent General Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Norway