Innovation Team Leader
Application closing date 03/01/2019
Salary £49,261 - £62,205 per annum (potential to progress to £65,983 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Job category/type Research
Experience leading edge cyber-security innovation and value creation and use your software development skills to complement the work of the UK's most celebrated cyber-security innovation lab. You will engage with early stage cyber-security start-up companies from across the UK and provide practical engineering support to help them develop their business ideas into tangible software assets and demonstrators.
About The Team
The Centre for Secure Information Technologies (CSIT) is the UK national Innovation and Knowledge Centre for cyber security. With a remit to conduct world leading research into applied cryptography, network security and security analytics (Big Data) the centre also has responsibility to commercialise that research and support the growth of the cyber security industry in the UK. CSIT employs a team of 15 experienced product developers in both software and hardware systems to further develop new ideas into well-engineered prototypes and technology demonstrators.
The CSIT engineering team supports a major cybersecurity innovation accelerator based in London:
- The London Office for Rapid Cybersecurity Advancement (LORCA), a GBP 13.5M investment from HMG focused on accelerating growth in the cybersecurity industry in the UK. In collaboration with Plexal and Deloitte the LORCA innovation hub opened in June 2018, is hosted in the former Olympic Park, East London and provides a specialist incubation programme for start-up companies in the cyber sector - a launch pad for a whole generation of new cyber security companies (https://www.lorca.co.uk/).
- A Qualified Candidate should be experienced in the following areas
- A highly experienced software product developer with well-developed software engineering skills, project delivery skills, previous experience of team leadership and people management skills.
- A strong technical leader with skills across a range of high and/or low level programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Python and R.
- Disciplined software construction habits such as professional Build Systems (e.g. MVN, Gradle, Make, Ant), Configuration Management (e.g. Git, Perforce, SVN) and Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson, Jira)
- Disciplined software testing habits including unit testing, mocks, and test driven development.
- Pronounced technical leadership of people and/or projects.
You must have at least a 2:1 Honours Degree, or equivalent, in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline. In exceptional circumstances, relevant programming experience will be considered appropriate with non-related degree.
You should be an experienced software engineer eager to assume responsibility for leading projects, mentoring junior staff, ensuring software quality, and keen to provide a fundamental service to young start-up businesses. This is an opportunity to learn, grow and refine your career with exposure to raw innovation in cyber-security. QUB provides a strong commitment to professional development and opportunities for part-time study and post-graduate research are available.
More searches like this
- £60,001 - £70,000 Permanent Computer Science Research & Innovation jobs in Belfast
- £60,001 - £70,000 Permanent Engineering & Technology Research & Innovation jobs in Belfast
- £60,001 - £70,000 Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Research & Innovation jobs in Belfast
- £60,001 - £70,000 Permanent Physical Sciences Research & Innovation jobs in Belfast
- £60,001 - £70,000 Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Research & Innovation jobs in Belfast