Lecturer in Exercise Science
- This is a key role developing and delivering the curriculum relevant to strength and conditioning, exercise physiology and high performance sport.
- You would implement strategies to foster a dynamic, service-oriented and enterprising culture within the School;
- This is a part-time (0.8 FTE), continuing role
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate and active contribution to them.
The position makes a significant contribution to the academic and administrative activities of the national School of Behavioural and Health Sciences, which may include a course and/or practicum coordination role in the High Performance Sport undergraduate, postgraduate and/or associated degrees. The position will be involved in the ongoing development and delivery of lecture, tutorial and laboratory material in core units of programs in the discipline of Exercise Science, in line with the School’s national curricula. The position has a specific focus in exercise physiology, strength and conditioning, coaching, and high performance sport. The position contributes to excellence in teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and engages in the scholarship of teaching and learning in line with the Faculty and the University.
- Be the Lecturer-in-Charge roles (for specific unit/s of study) in undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs;
- Conduct Course and/or practicum coordination in High Performance Sport and/or associated programs;
- Develop and maintain a lecture, tutorial and laboratory sequence for specified units in the High Performance Sport postgraduate and undergraduate (and/or associated) programs;
- Deliver excellence in learning and teaching, including the use of e-learning technologies.
You will need to demonstrate:
- A PhD in Exercise Science;
- Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA) Level 2 certification (desirable, not essential);
- Teaching experience at undergraduate and postgraduate level, including Lecturer-in-Charge duties;
- Experience in development and delivery of curriculum relevant to the strength and conditioning, exercise physiology, and high performance sport.
The University pursues on excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $116,455 - $137,495 pa (pro-rata), including salary component $98,407 - $116,186 pa (Academic Classification Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Dr Gert Jan Pepping, Deputy Head of School on +617 3623 7550.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
CLOSING DATE: 12 December 2018