Lecturer in Public Health
1 day left
- Part Time
- A unique opportunity to develop and maintain quality Work Integrated Learning (placement) opportunities for students in the Master of Public Health, associated postgraduate degrees, and/or undergraduate programs.
- You would deliver excellence in learning and teaching, including the use of e-learning technologies;
- This is a Part-time (0.8 FTE), Fixed-term (11-month) role
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate and active contribution to them.
The position makes a significant contribution to the academic and administrative activities of the national School of Behavioural and Health Sciences, with key responsibilities in the ongoing development and delivery of lecture, tutorial and laboratory material in core units of programs in the discipline of Public Health. The position may include a course and/or student placement coordination role in the Master of Public Health, associated postgraduate degrees and/or undergraduate degrees. The position contributes to excellence in teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and also conducts research in the discipline which is nationally competitive and of value to the Faculty and the University.
- Conduct course coordination and/or Public Health placement coordination in the Master of Public Health, associated postgraduate degrees, and/or undergraduate programs;
- Implement strategies to foster a dynamic, service-oriented and enterprising culture within the School;
- Develop and maintain a lecture and tutorial schedule for specified units in undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs;
- Review, improve and implement course curriculum on a national basis;
You will need to demonstrate:
- PhD (or near completion) in Public Health or a related area or discipline.
- Teaching experience at tertiary level.
- Experience in development and delivery of curriculum relevant to the discipline of Public Health.
- Experience in the supervision of students on placement.
The University pursues on excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $116,455 - $137,495 pa (pro-rata), including salary component $98,407 - $116,186 pa (Academic Classification Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Dr Jodi Sita, Assistant Deputy Head, Behavioural and Health Sciences Victoria on +613 9230 8675
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
CLOSING DATE: 12 December 2018